Workshop Topics for grade 3 – High School and College:
- BULLYING, CLIMATE CHANGE, HEALTHY LIVING – GO GREEN GET GOING,
- CHARACTER EDUCATION and/or REQUESTED TOPICS!
- KINGIAN NONVIOLENCE PRINCIPLES – being used to solve BIG ISSUES.
FREE 2 hour Global Interactive Hands-on Workshops for both teachers and students. * Based on State of Connecticut and American, Federal Common Core Curriculum Standards
NEW KTK HIGH SCHOOL / COLLEGE SEMINAR COURSES:
- “Exploring Global Cultures and Their Issues Using the ARTS”
- “I Have a Dream” – Art Studio Workshops for Teens – a recently developed new program
- “Internships for Developing Videos of Teen Discussions and Interviews on Relevant Teen Issues”
- KTK After School Club, WIKI Site Development and Student Facilitators (for younger grade levels)
Developed and tested for a Fulbright Scholar Grant. Older student groups go into their local schools as interns to teach KTK Basic Workshops and truly become the “Kids Teaching Kidz!”
Older students create KTK after school global TAG-ON CLUBS using a SAFE WIKI WEB SITE connecting teachers and students around the world interested in solving global issues using the ARTS!
TEACHER – KTK WORKSHOPS:
- “Become a Facilitator of Change, Using the ARTS to Solve Social Issues!”
Transformation begins when EMPATHY IS FELT during the group process. Attitudes are changed, and student artwork is used as the “Medium for the Message!”
This is an EXCITING, SIMPLE and PROFOUND process which has an unforgettable impact on teachers as well as students! An immediate product is created for use in the community.
KTK is a UNIQUE TEACHING PROGRAM, in which children become the teachers of major issues, both personal and public and current issues become understandable, manageable and even surmountable!
The GOAL of KTK is reached when a school displays the student art work in a community setting, thereby teaching others in the community, by example, relevant, factual and life changing information, proving… KIDS CAN TEACH!
Updated images and videos of KTK’S recent endeavors are currently posted on:
- Facebook and http://kidsteachingkids.smugmug.com , YouTube (coming soon)
- For KTK documentary pictures and comments from schools or organizations go to: http://www.kidsteachingkidz.smugmug.com
Documenting: Where in the World is KTK Now?
What Happens When Kids Teach Kidz?
Inspiration + Enthusiasm Creates = Peaceful Creative Empowerment!
Acceptance + Action = Creation + Communication
KTK Hot ( Higher Order Thinking) Topics are:
- local, national, global, social, political and environmental
- any issue that affects the world, the community or the individual
WORKSHOPS ARE FOR ALL AGE LEVELS AND ARE ADAPTED FOR:
Teachers and Students: College, High School, Middle School and Elementary levels.
What happens in every KTK Workshop????
- SHARE Knowledge, SIMPLIFY information and LEARN MORE about the subject
- ACQUIRE a passion for the subject
- Become INVOLVED.
When Kids Teach Kidz…
- others take notice, and SELF-ESTEEM IS DEVELOPED
- TEACHERS become the FACILITATORS
SKILLS ACQUIRED DURING KTK WORKSHOPS:
- CRITICAL THINKING
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
- HIGHER ORDER THINKING SKILLS
THE BASIC WORKSHOPS:
- “CLIMATE CHANGE”
- “HEALTHY LIVING – GO GREEN GET GOING!”
- “THE SIX PRINCIPLES OF NONVIOLENCE”
- “CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT”
- “EXPLORING GLOBAL CULTURES AND THEIR ISSUES USING THE ARTS”
- “I HAVE A DREAM – ARTS WORKSHOPS”
- “DEVELOPING VIDEOS OF TEEN DISCUSSIONS”
- KTK Clubs, WIKI Site and Student Facilitators (for younger grade levels)
- “BECOME A FACILITATOR OF CHANGE, USING THE ARTS TO SOLVE SOCIAL ISSUES!”
- OR, Any of Your Local Issues!
All KTK Workshops will be facilitated by:
- Certified Teachers and Artisans
CONTACT KIDS TEACHING KIDZ:
These topics and any other “HOT” ( Higher Order Thinking) topics may be requested by contacting:
- Amie Densmore at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- * Ask for our Formal Letter of Request to fill out online and when returned we will match it with funding to make your KTK Workshops FREE!